What Causes Skin to Age?
It is important to look at skin health because skin slows down its ability to produce good collagen and elasticity from the age of 28. The younger you look, the better you may feel about yourself. But aging is an unstoppable process and as the body ages, the appearance and characteristics of our skin change.
Age, hormones, sun exposure and smoking, all have a part to play, causing fine lines and wrinkles. Skin feels more fragile and less elastic. As our age increases the hyaluronic acid (HA) content of our skin decreases, causing us to retain less water. The oil-producing (sebaceous) glands become less active and our skin becomes drier. The skin also loses fat, so it looks less plump and smooth.
There are two major components of facial ageing:
- Dynamic lines which form only when moving the muscle, like a frown for example.
- Static lines, which are wrinkles that have become ingrained into the skin due to the volume loss.
Treating both of these main components of facial ageing leads to natural, balanced and refined outcomes.
Why Do Dentists Offer this Treatment?
- Dentists are highly knowledgeable about the anatomy of the face and understand how to treat it safely.
- Dentists are used to looking at people’s faces to observe symmetry and balance to create aesthetically pleasing smiles.
- Dentists have skills honed with years of administering injections and this also allows dentists to use traditional local anaesthesia if necessary.
What Treatments are Available at Manor House?
Dermal fillers are facial that help to improve skin tone and eliminate wrinkles. Hyaluronic acid dermal fillers are natural and safe products identical to substances naturally produced in the body which give volume and hydration to the skin. It is a powerful moisturising agent and helps to boost skin tone.
The effects of dermal fillers treatment will be immediately noticeable and will last between six and eighteen months. They can also be topped up when you feel the effects are wearing off.